- Initial DSEAR Compliance assessments should legally have been completed by 30th June 2006.
- TAS work with organisations in conducting initial DSEAR / ATEX Risk Assessments & Reviews - which are named a key recommendations within the 5th Buncefiled Report ( 2007) on Site Operations Management
- Do you handle potentially explosive materials?
- Do you have the means to manage your process and equipment in accordance with current and up coming legislation?
Demands on Plant Managers
Plants and factories have a legal requirement to ensure the safety of their workers, visitors and the general public under the Health and Safety at Work act.
Where the processes involve potentially explosive materials, a further set of European-wide legislation (ATEX 137) is coming into force that requires the
operator to assess the following:
- Dangerous substances
- Potentially explosive atmospheres
- Potential ignition sources
TAS can help you with : -
- Risk assessments
An independent audit of all aspects of your process to identify if DSEAR compliance is an issue.
- Hazardous area assessment
An independent audit of all aspects of your DSEAR compliance. The audit will identify any shortfalls and provide a pragmatic strategy for ensuring full compliance is attained in a cost effective manner.
- Hazardous area classification documents.
In conjunction with process specialists, assess the risks and develop hazardous area drawings and documentation necessary to attain compliance.
- Hazardous area equipment surveys
Hazardous area surveys and production of hazardous area equipment location drawings.
- Hazardous area equipment database
A dedicated database to manage information associated with all equipment in the hazardous area.
- Management of Inspections
Scheduling, managing and conducting inspections (using CompEx trained personnel). Recording the inspection results using BS EN 60079-17 compliant
sheets and updating the database. Identifying repairs and managing remedial work.
- Gap analysis
Identifying short falls in equipment that may compromise compliance.
- Engineering Design
An engineering design and project management capability since 1974 with continued experience of working in potentially explosive atmospheres. TAS can help clients implementing improvement /compliance projects.
- Ongoing support
TAS can provide ongoing support to ensure that once compliance is achieved, it is maintained.