are fully committed to meeting the demands of
the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
in all aspects of their design work.
CDM Co-ordinator (formally
Planning Supervisor under CDM 1994)
TAS are able to undertake the
role of CDM Co-ordinator. In this role TAS would
be responsible for:
- notifying the HSE of the project.
- ensuring co-operation between designers.
- producing the Pre-Tender Health & Safety
- advising the client on CDM matters.
- advising on the Construction Phase Health
& Safety Plan.
- ensuring that the Health & Safety File
TAS have extensive experience
in the role of CDM Co-ordinator, both in managing
our own designs through to the construction
phase and in stand alone consultancy basis for
3rd party project designs. The role compliments
our Project Management capabilities and is often
undertaken in tandem with the management role
on a project.
Duties as Designers
TAS fully understand their
duties as designers on projects to:
- identify the significant health and safety
hazards likely to be associated with the design
and how it may be constructed and maintained.
- consider the risk from the hazards which
arise as a result of the design. being incorporated
into the project.
- alter the design, where possible, to eliminate
the risk, or where this is not reasonably
practicable, reduce it.
- provide information on health and safety.
TAS fully understand the requirement to inform
Clients of their duties under these regulations
and to co-operate with the CDM Co-ordinator.